Northern VA Flea Tick Carpet Treatment
Your Landlord Will Be Thrilled With Our 100% Guaranteed De-flea De-tick Carpet Flea Treatment Northern VA
No Flea or Tick Will Be Standing!
That’s Right, We Can 100% Guarantee Our
We have provided De-flea De-tick Carpet Flea Treatment in Northern VA since 1988. Many renters in the Northern Virginia area that move out are required to have the carpets and sometimes all floors treated for fleas and ticks after the carpets have been cleaned.
Once we have cleaned and or treated your carpet for fleas and ticks you will receive an itemized receipt statement showing the two separate services. Our treatment is guaranteed for six months but it will usually last eight to twelve months. We always satisfy all the requirements in your lease in regards to these services. We stand behind our guarantee “No flea will be standing!”
Ridding a home of fleas can be a frustrating and costly endeavor. Unlike some pests encountered around the home, fleas cause discomfort and irritation to both pets and people. Fleas account for more than half of all dermatological conditions requiring veterinary assistance, and even a single flea bite on a hypersensitive animal or person may cause intense itching and irritation.
Essential Facts About Fleas
- Adult fleas (the biting stage seen by pet owners) spend most of their time on the animal, not on the carpet. This is why treatment of the pet in conjunction with the pet’s environment is an essential step in ridding a home of fleas.
- Adult fleas lay all of their eggs (up to 50 per day) on the pet. However, the eggs soon fall off the animal into carpeting, beneath the cushions of furniture, and wherever else the pet rests, sleeps, or spends most of its time. This is where homeowners should focus on control measures.
- After hatching, flea eggs develop into tiny, worm-like larvae. Larvae remain hidden deep in carpet fibers, beneath furniture cushions, and in other protected areas. The larvae feed mainly on adult flea feces (dried blood) which accumulates, along with the eggs, in pet resting and activity areas.
- Before becoming adult fleas, the larvae transform into pupae within a silk-like cocoon. Pupae remain inside the cocoon for 2 to 4 weeks, sometimes longer. The cocoon is resistant to insecticides and this is why some adult fleas are seen for an extended period, even after the home and pet are treated.
Treatment of Premises
If you neglect to treat the pet’s environment (the premises), you will miss more than 90% of the developing flea population — the eggs, larvae, and pupae. If the pet spends time indoors, the interior of the home should also be treated. Before treatment, the pet owner should:
- Remove all toys, clothing, and stored items from floors, under beds, and in closets. This step is essential so that all areas will be accessible for treatment.
- Remove pet food and water dishes, cover fish tanks, and disconnect their aerators.
- Wash, dry-clean or destroy all pet bedding.
- Vacuum! — vacuuming removes many of the eggs, larvae, and pupae developing within the home. Vacuuming also stimulates pre-adult fleas to emerge sooner from their insecticide-resistant cocoons, thus hastening their contact with insecticide residues in the carpet. By raising the nap of the carpet, vacuuming improves the insecticide’s penetration down to the base of the carpet fibers where the developing fleas live. Vacuum thoroughly, especially in areas where pets rest or sleep. Don’t forget to vacuum along edges of rooms and beneath furniture, cushions, beds, and throw rugs. After vacuuming, seal the vacuum bag in a garbage bag and discard it in an outdoor trash container.
Insecticide Application – Once fleas become established in a home, insecticides are almost always needed to control them. This should be done by an experienced professional trained in insecticides and the different carpet fibers. Other than the person performing the application, people and pets should be out of the house during treatment. People and pets should also remain off treated surfaces until the spray has dried. This may take several hours, depending on the carpet type, ventilation, and method of application. Opening windows and running the fan or air conditioner after treatment will enhance drying and minimize odor.
De-flea De-tick Carpet Flea Treatment Northern VA
Spot-On Flea Treatments for Dogs & Cats – Proceed With Caution
When flea season arrives, most pet owners attend to the task of protecting their cats and dogs against these annoying pests. A flea infestation can be a major disruption in your household, with not only pets itching and scratching, but also your family and guests bitten by fleas. Though a wide variety of products are available to repel fleas and ticks, reactions to the powerful pesticides in these treatments can occur. Spot-on products offer the convenience of once-a-month applications, but these must be used with caution to avoid pet health problems. Call Astrobrite De-flea De-tick Carpet Flea Treatment Northern VA as soon as you notice fleas or tick infestation on your dog or cat.
How Spot-On Treatments Work
The term “spot-on” refers to the way the flea repelling product is applied to the animal, usually on the back of the animal’s neck or between its shoulder blades. The flea-killing chemical sinks into the fat layer under the animal’s skin and is then spread through the oils of the coat. This protection lasts for about a month. The chemical is also waterproof so that you can bathe your pet if needed and still have protection against fleas. You should not use other flea repellent products such as shampoos, powders, sprays, or flea collars if you are using spot-on treatments.
Use on Dogs
Spot-on flea and tick treatments come in a variety of strengths. Use the correct one for the weight of your dog. Do not attempt to use half a dose of a large dog for your smaller dog or combine two doses suited for a smaller dog if you have a large dog. Observe your dog for a few days after his first spot-on treatment. If you notice any unusual behavior or symptoms, consult your veterinarian. Take the spot-on treatment with you so that the vet knows what type of chemical is causing the problem. Give a call to Astrobrite De-flea De-tick Carpet Flea Treatment Northern VA at 703-914-2811 for a list of Veterinarians in the area.
Use on Cats
Some cats can be particularly sensitive to flea and tick repellant products. As with dogs, you should use the correct dosage for the weight of your pet. Apply the product only as directed on the label. Because cats lick themselves, it is important to ensure there are no side effects from the flea and tick repellent chemicals. Observe the cat’s behavior and consult your veterinarian for any unusual symptoms, taking the product with you.
Special Precautions De-flea De-tick Carpet Flea Treatment Northern VA
Never use a spot-on flea treatment for dogs on your cat. Cats are not small dogs. They have different biology and can be harmed by products formulated for dogs. Never use a product containing permethrin on cats. Permethrin is a synthetic type of pyrethrin that is toxic to cats. A reaction can occur within hours of applying it to the cat. Symptoms of toxicity include muscle tremors, seizures, depression, anorexia, or vomiting. Always check the label of the spot-on flea product to ensure that it does not contain permethrin. If you notice unusual symptoms soon after applying a spot-on treatment to your cat, take him to the veterinarian immediately. You should also wash the cat with a mild dishing liquid to remove the chemical from the cat’s skin.
Read more information on our blog.
Also, you may be interested in 100% Pet Odor Removal
Please see our reviews. Residential Fairfax VA Carpet Cleaning Northern VA Rugs Cleaning Method
If you”re moving Move Out House and Carpet Cleaning services are available.
Other Services: De-flea De-tick Treatment, Area Rug Clean, Carpet Steam Cleaning, Water Damage, COVID-19 Disinfection, Tile & Grout Cleaning, Quality Furniture Cleaning, Pet Odor Removal, Carpet Protector, Carpet Cleaning Fairfax
See Our Blog Articles:
How To Get Rid of Cat Urine Odor In House: Insider secrets get rid of cat pee smell.
De-flea De-tick Carpet Flea Treatment Northern VA
Schedule Online – Get An Extra $25 OFF
Schedule Online and We Will Call To Confirm And Give You An Estimate
Thanks for visiting De-flea De-tick Carpet Flea Treatment Northern VA